Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Did I Really Just Say That?

I remember the first time I said something to my oldest son that struck me as odd.  "What did I just say?" I thought to myself after a moment.  They were words I never thought I would put together in the same sentence.  "Dear, don't bit the dog."  Followed by, "No, not even if he likes it."
After 3 boys and a princess, I have gotten used to these unusual sentences coming out of my own mouth. "Baby Girl, quit beating up your big brother." "We don't lick our shoes." "We don't lick other peoples shoes either!" (That one has been said more than once).
Just the other day I had to tell our 5 year old, "Don't put dead armadillos on your Jeep anymore!"  With a quizzical look upon he face, he asked "Why not?"  I really thought my genes were better than that.

3 comments:

  1. Well it appears I posted this blog too soon. There is yet another sstring of words I never thought I would put together...
    "Get that chicken out of your room and back outside!...I don't care if you're trying to train it! Take it outside!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you completely understand the book, "It was on Fire when I Lay Down on it," then?

    This is the posterity you were speaking of, right? I hope so! It lets me know my family is normal.

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't heard of that book, but it is now on my kindle! After reading the info, I may have to publish my own! lol
    Keep reading posts, your family will feel so normal you won't know what you were ever worried about!

    ReplyDelete